Drastically reduce product development cycles by rapidly converging on the best balance between weight, performance, and cost.
SMC is an industry leader in the development and use of advanced optimization tools.
We sell the software and provide the training to get you up running.
Click here for more on optimization.
- Design and analysis of proprietary transport vehicle / Lockheed Martin
- Fracture analysis, operational testing, and metallurgical analysis of bus frames / OCTA
- Fatigue, stress analysis, optimization of J-2X Rocket Engine / Pratt & Whitney Rocketdyne
- Crack growth analysis of MP-RTIP using AFGROW and DaDT / Raytheon
- Operational testing and analysis correlation of Humvee / Northrop Grumman
- Analysis and operational testing of motorcycle frame / Harley Davidson
- Damage tolerance and failure analysis of Global Hawk UAV / Northrop Grumman
- Fatigue and damage analysis of Boeing 787 stabilizer actuator / Moog Aircraft
- Static and dynamically induced failure analysis of Space Shuttle / AeroAstro
- Dynamics, model reviews, system integration of Airborne Laser / Northrop Grumman
- Impact induced damage analysis of composite missile container / Composite Optics
- CFD, thermal, design, optimization, wind tunnel testing of ATLAS V payload fairing / AFRL
- Design, stress, dynamics, and optimization of NuSTAR space based telescope / JPL
- Design and analysis of Boeing 787 composite thrust reverser/ Goodrich Aerostructures
- Simultaneous technical interpretation and contract negotiations / Toray Industries
- Composite joint and damage tolerance analysis of DirecTV-7S satellite / Space Systems Loral
- Launch dynamics, acoustics, coupled loads analysis F1, Falcon 9 / SpaceX
Top subject matter experts in composites analysis and design. Our core expertise is with high performance carbon reinforced laminates used in aerospace, transportation, medical, and sport products. We have decades of experience, large volumes of published articles, and a proven track record of production grade engineering support.
Finite Element Analysis & Simulations
CAE and classical methods expertise. Design and simulation of single components up to full system models. Optimization, dynamics, aero-flutter, drop-simulations, multi-body contact, thermal, CFD, and fluid-structure interactions. Experienced users of NX, I-deas, Femap, Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, Hyperworks, Patran, Thermal Desktop, and NISA solvers.
Structural Mechanics and Dynamics
Expertise with dynamic environments including aircraft, spacecraft, transportation, and electronic assemblies. Vibration environment determination from specifications to sub-assembly interfaces. Linear and transient solutions for assembly level finite element models using FEA and custom software tools.
Drastically reduce product development cycles by rapidly converging on the best balance between weight, performance, and cost. SMC is an industry leader in the development and use of advanced optimization tools. We sell the software and provide the training to get you up running.
System Integration & Project Management
SMC provides project management and professional development to engineering teams that support product design and analysis: systems engineering from project kickoff through specification generation and interpretation to verification testing.
Leverage our expertise, tools, and engineers to rapidly take products from ideation to fabrication.
• Conceptual Design
• Research and Development
• Simulation and Optimization
• Prototype and Testing
Our laboratory features two load frames and two dynamic shaker tables with complete digital data acquisition capabilities for testing small to mid-sized specimens. The Structural Mechanics Corporation also has experience managing and performing large scale static, dynamic, and wind tunnel testing through cooperation with our industry partners.
Complete structural testing support from test plan and procedure development through test setup and support to final report writing. SMC has the equipment and expertise required to make static and dynamic displacement, strain, acceleration, force, and acoustic measurements. We have experience testing satellites, aircraft, road vehicles, industrial machinery, and consumer products.
We have the technical expertise, business experience, plus the language and cultural skills to help you manage your international business relationships. SMC has engineers and technical staff who are fluent in Japanese, Hindi, Gujarati, and Spanish who have experience performing as engineering liaisons in Japan, Italy, India, Germany, and Taiwan.